This post is not about the horror movie but about “I Know What You Did Last Update”
Project 2013 includes Created field to tell the date and time when the task or resource was added to your plan
In Gantt Chart view …
In Resource Sheet view …
Every time you update your plan, you lose track of which ones you updated. The problem is Project doesn’t have a field to tell when the task is last updated.
You need to write a small VBA to code to handle this requirement. We will be using a custom date field (Date1) to store the current date and time when the task is updated and here is how it goes.
1. Click View tab. Click Macros dropdown and select Visual Basic
4. You must create a new object using the WithEvents keyword in a class module
Public WithEvents App As Application
5. Now change the object and procedure to “App” and “ProjectBeforeTaskChange”. ProjectBeforeTaskChange event will be fired for every task that is changed
7. You need to bind the current Application object to the App object declared in the class to fire the events. Open the ThisProject module and paste the below code. This code declares an object X of type Events (the class module we created earlier), and sets the current Application object to the App object of Events class module
10. Save the plan and close Project.
Now, reopen the plan (why? the application object is set in Project_Open event handler) and make some changes the tasks. You will notice the Modified column will get updated to current date and time